Becoming a Christian fiction author and writing book one of this series, has been a great joy and incredible challenge all at the same time!
I’m continually amazed at the grace of God that He’s enabled me to write this novel. I’ve always had a great desire to write and as a youngster I read a ton. Combining my love of reading with the creation process of writing a book like this as a Christian fiction author has been incredible!
Since this is the “Author” page I guess I should tell you a bit about me. Just for fun, I’ll list them in order of importance!
- I am a follower of Jesus Christ. You can find my various blogs which cover much of the outgrowth of that faith here, and here.
- I have 5 great kids and one great daughter-in-love, at this time… we’re praying for a son-in-love to show up soon…
- I have one grandchild (that makes me “Grand-Pop”) and another little boy on the way!
- I’m self-employed as a Life Transformation Coach, Business Pastor, author, internet business guy, podcast producer, and lots of other things. You can see everything I’m involved in here.
10 random things about me that have little to do with anything else I have to say…
- I’ve been known to yell at the TV screen.
- I typically don’t like the “home team” – no matter where I live.
- I was once struck by lightning – indirectly. Maybe that explains a few things…
- I play the drums, bass guitar, and I-pod.
- When I was in high school, the bumper sticker on my car read, “If you love something, set it free. If it doesn’t come back, hunt it down and kill it.“
- My big brother quit picking on me the minute I got taller than him. Go figure.
- I have learned more from my wife than from any other individual on the planet. No doubt.
- When I was in grade school, I rushed home every afternoon to watch “Speed Racer.“
- At my funeral, I’d hate it if anyone said, “He had such potential…”
- My wife says I make up words… often… even in sermons.
- BONUS: If you want to see me get very, VERY, VERY angry… put a video game controller in my hand. I just can’t do it.
Other books I’ve written
To this point, other than a short Christmas drama I’ve written and produced, and a children’s picture book, I’ve written mostly in the realm of non-fiction; spiritual growth, church training materials, marriage coaching, that sort of stuff. You can see what I’ve done below.
- The Great Smizzmozzel Bash – a fun picture book I created for my own kids way back when. It was so long ago I created all the images by hand with a computer mouse. Get it here.
- The Marriage Improvement Project – a biblical study of what the Bible says about marriage. Designed for couples to complete together. Get it here.
- The Elder Training Handbook – an assessment and training tool for the local church. Get it here.
- Recharge: Recharge your spiritual life through learning mindsets and methods to re-energize your daily time with the LORD. Get it here.
- Moving Toward God: Finding God from Square One: A newbies guide to the basics of Christianity. Get it here.
- Entrepreneur Mind Hacks: A 2-book compilation of insights from 25 successful entrepreneurs. It’s a “Pay What You Can” resource starting at 99 cents. Get it here.
Finally… there are 2 important but easy things you could do to help these books make a broader impact!1If you haven’t signed up for my regular blog posts and updates, you can do that here. Then pass it along to other people using the social sharing functions on the site! 2If you’ve read “Dragon Slayer: Beginnings” would you be kind enough to leave a review on Amazon?
Your honest review of the book does a ton:
- It causes Dragon Slayer: Beginnings to rise in Amazon’s search queries
- That enables more people to find the book
- That enables the truth of God contained in the book to impact more lives!
So YOU could advance the work of the kingdom simply by taking 5 minutes to leave an honest review. Isn’t the power of technology amazing?
Feel free to contact me
Being a Christian fiction author, I don’t believe the interaction is over once you put down one of my books. I’d love for the conversation between my thoughts and yours to continue. That means I love to interact with readers, so please feel free to use the button to contact me. I’m happy to discuss anything – from faith, to writing, to business, to marriage and parenting, to who won the last ball game.
Shoot me a line! Carey (at) DragonSlayerBook (dot) com