But being a self-published author brings with it a TON of things you wouldn’t expect right off…
- You have to do your OWN publicity, without ticking people off!
- You have to do your OWN marketing!
- You have to enlist the help of friends and family for a variety of things (cover art, proof reading, etc.)
- And for me, as a believer in Christ, I have to walk a VERY, VERY fine line between self-promotion and trusting God.
That last one is my main concern out of all of them.
I want this book to get out there. I want others to be blesseded by it. It is a work of CHRISTIAN fiction after all… which means that I’ve put my heart, soul, and every ounce of the teaching-gift God has given me into making this fictional account instructive for people desiring to know God and walk in His ways.
The point is, I want people to read it and be helped… so promotion is needed (just like Paul promoted the gospel in every town he visited). So, I’m trying a lot of different things…[list icon=”icon: book” icon_color=”#b77474″]
- I’m now on Goodreads as an author, to enable me to interact with readers who may be interested in my work.
- I’m also researching “best practices” for self-published promotions and marketing.
- I’m running a book giveaway contest on the book’s website (you can enter here).
I don’t want the promotion to become self-focused, or market-driven, or all about the “success” and money that could come along with it.
I want to trust the LORD in the promotion.